View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Should I quit? 35k hands at 1/2 and still breaking even..Stats in

Hand 5, you have position. When he checks to you a second time on the turn, you have to consider your opponent. What are his tendencies? If you don't know this opponent right now, what would you like to know most about him? What are the tendencies of a "default" opponent in this spot (hint: they don't fold enough).

Hand 6, put him on a range of hands. Could he be drawing to something? Unlikely on this board. Could he be trying to call you down with second or middle pair? Unlikely, as you (i.e. preflop raisers) often have AK and you hit your K. This is common fishy thinking. Could he have a K? Possible, and with every bet he calls, it becomes more likely. Does your opponent like to fold or does he like to call? What does the default 1/2 player like to do in this spot?

Hand 7, I check behind on this flop a lot unless I know this guy is weak enough to fold the flop for one bet. I call on the turn and I fold on the river when all I have is K high.

Game selection. Are you playing where the best games are or where the best bonuses are?

Do you take notes on opponents? Maybe you never see 50% of those notes again, but the process of distilling how they play is invaluable (as are the other 50% of the notes).

Are you using a HUD to get some opponent info on the table?