View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Can we get a discussion on early level play? 20% ROI at 22s?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the same boat as all the other whining $22ers, this thread is good but we still don't have much advice other than that it IS possible. Can we get anything else outta you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between 15% and 25% is probably experience.

There are a lot of people who seem to believe that there is a magic formula. There isn't. When you start playing reasonably on the bubble, and tight early in the game, this is the point where you started learning poker, not where you finished learning.

There's a game that I have been dying to post from the $11s from a few nights ago, but I'm not willing to post it with player names in (Not worried about protecting mine, I'm concerned about Party's data sharing policy). Basically it involved me folding everything apart from two hands. One AK and one steal, and the biggest pot I won was 100 chips or so.

I let myself get blinded away from a very early stage because I "knew" the signs of a SNG where I was going to get in the money if I just left them to it. I came third and was actually close to coming second.

I am confident that most people here would have gone out 4th or 5th a huge % of the time.

Is that because I'm particuarly great? No. It's because I've played poker for many years and had time for the brain to develop instincts about such matters.

If you're between 5% and 20% in your games, you are being paid to learn and to gain experience. It doesn't neccessarily mean there are huge holes in your understanding, but you are not going to master poker overnight.

Lori