View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Party Snowball Tournament - A Joke

[ QUOTE ]
We have mentioned to Party about preventing thoss that dont turn up from playing. We cannot as someone suggested ban them from the following month as you can never know the real reason they didnt turn up...family emergency etc...

[/ QUOTE ]
At BetHoldem prequalified players must register shortly before gametime to play in the weekly high-volume player freeroll. That effectively limits seating to people who are actually playing. If the infamous Prima platform can support this feature it's not a lot to ask Party to keep up.

[One week recently they didn't do this for some reason and it was a mess similar to OP, but that's beside the point. It works well when they do it.]

I do not play in the BetHoldem freeroll for the money. I would be much better off at the limit ring tables because I'm a NL newbie. I participate for the fun and experience of playing against a good field without having to pay for the privilege. Any money I luck into is a bonus.

I'm sure a lot of other players view online freerolls the same way. Poker is supposed to be entertaining. Most players are losers and a few extra bucks of EV doesn't mean anything to a high-paid professional who is wasting his leisure time on a farce.

That's the real evil of the current format. Allowing large numbers on nonparticipants to be seated ruins the poker. Party is in the entertainment business. As soon as poker is only about money there will be no more poker.