View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: To the better $22 and $33 players...

[ QUOTE ]
their

*they're

Correctly using basic English may help your credibility.

Nice use of the race card. I've been served by Ice-T. I would feel the same way about any [insert color] person drinking straight from a $250-$500 bottle of champagne. Akin to "digging into" filet mignon with your hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you mean to tell me that Chris Rock's observation didn't have racial overtones? You don't think the comment about 50 DVDs in the H3, making people believe they are more wealthy than they actually are (i.e. bling) had racials undertones in it? You don't think that all the posters who commented on the brothers in the pictures drinking 40s (when they are actually drinking expensive champagne) had racial undertones to them? I didn't bring up Bob Johnson and Mark Cuban as a race card. Isn't Mark Cuban hispanic? If he is, he's just as much a minority as Bob Johnson is.

Either way, my point was, then is no difference between the two. When I look at them, I don't see that Mark Cuban is considered wealthy while Bob Johnson- who lost a large chunk of his fortune due to a divorce decree- is considered rich. I see two extremely successful men who both possess immense financial fortune. I'm pretty sure they see it that way too. I doubt that Mark cares whether he's consider wealthy and Bob is only consider rich. If Chris Rock meant that rich people and wealthy people should care about their differences, I think that's stupid. I don't see why they should. I don't see the point.