View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: JJ UTG vs SB - what are the good lines here? (1st hand post)

I think the flop and turn are fine. Villain will have a king here fairly frequently. But draws and underpairs to your jacks are also possible. There's no good way to find out where you stand, either, since if you 3-bet the flop, he may start worrying about his kicker if he has a king (but not enough to fold), or he may checkraise again on the turn if he happens to have a hand like 96s and push you off of a decent number of outs.

I guess the river may be a bet-fold, but I'll admit that I'd be nervous. Villain may just be scared that his K3o got outdrawn on the river, or he may be going for another checkraise now that his A6o improved to aces up. Also, (over 48 hands anyway) he's kind of aggressive for his VP$IP, and I'm not sure I'd want to let him outplay me with his T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or pocket 2's, if the river checkraise bluff is in his repertoire. (Not a whole lot of 2/4 players checkraise-bluff the river, but there are a few who love the play.) Anything you might have noticed about his play beyond the numbers might help you out here.