View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Joseph Hachem...Your Opinion New World Champion

Thank your varied posts, much appreciated.

Would hate to think Joseph is stiffing dealers, hate to see him labled that way if it's not true. And yes, to my knowledge they take out a certain % of the prize pools for tokes.

He explains in his interview (I think on this forum) about the Q7 and shutting Kanter down. He said it was going on consistantly( Kanter raising _him_ and he was going to put him to the test 'the next time he did it', or words to that effect). Maybe someone can help me with his quote, sorry I don't have the link ( he also explains the JJ vs 77 hand). I'm quite sure he didn't expect to be called...the play can look good (as a 'play') or as pointed out above, make him look like a fool and cost him the tournament. Kanter this time woke up with a hand, I believe Hachem was @ a 2-1 dog with the tourney on the line. It probably shocked him when he got called. Yes, he got very lucky.

I would not have made the play ( rather wait for an ace or pair or two paint).

Other than that, I felt Joe played a very good final table( 13 hours of it ) considering it was for the World Championship and the serious money involved. He was badly short stacked and made an excellent comeback IMHO. Give him Andrew's chip lead, I don't see how he looses it (the championship). And I have all the respect for Andrew (just call with the TT hand and (maybe) go all in on the flop. Don't call with the KJ) Easy to say sitting here at home. To go from big chip leader to 4th was a shame.

Regarding my comment about his (Hachem's) "Class"...yes, you can be a Class person and not so at the table. The "Shiek 'may' fall into this catagory. I was impressed with Hachem's integrity at the table...when he said to Dannemen 'shhhh' ( final hand ), I got the feeling he felt he induced a call and felt bad about it. I'm sure they were both emotionally exhausted again, considering all that was at stake.

I feel Hachem will be a fine ambassador for poker, time will tell. At the same time, I feel it was great to see Danneman finish in second...a very nice guy coming from basically a 'home game'. Seems like a great guy and should inspire more like him to play.

As far as Fosselman goes, IMHO it was THE accomplishment of the Main Even (or one of the big ones). His finish along with the win last year was nothing but staggering in my view. I would have dumped the kings on the turn when the st8 card fell (what can I beat and this IS for the tournament) but Greg is my new tournament Super hero. WHAT a great accomplishment. Get away from the king king hand Greg outplays people to the final table. Awesome.

I would love to see Greg review Hachem's play at the final table but that probably won't happen. ( not just the hands ESPN have shown).

Thanks again for your input.