View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Win rates of 1/2BB live dont translate to 3-6BB online, why?

A slower game might provide slightly more time to think through [tough] choices which would allow for better decisions, but I think any gain would be extremely small.

Close decisions are just that - close decisions - and the net gain from playing perfectly as opposed to extremely well is tiny at best.

I mention this only to be thorough; what likely happened here is the OP stumbled over his words.

If I have a win rate of 2 big bets per 100 hands it doesn't matter if it takes an hour, a week or a year to play those 100 hands.

My guess is he meant to suggest that a player who wins "X" per hour live ought to win much more online assuming the quality of the games are close to equal - and he is, of course, correct in this assumption.

Online games typically produce twice the number of hands per hour as do live games; even without multi-tabling, and allowing for the somewhat better level of play online as opposed to live, one's HOURLY win rate online should exceed that of live play by a significant amount.