Thread: Bad reputation
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Bad reputation

Fair enough, but plays like these are just asking for it. Here's the thing. What is villain's perception of you? If villain things you are crazy, then I see no problem calling the reraise pre, I might even smooth call the flop bet to see if he fires again on the turn, a lot of people if they reraised you there with say KQ or something will chill out on the turn. But, if villain doesn't think you are crazy, and just playing typical, then you should FOLD to his reraise preflop, he has you beat, it's stupid to call. The flop reraise all in will only be called by AA/KK/AQ, two pair, set, or maybe a weird JJ. Qx will probably fold etc, so this is a high variance with seemingly little reward type move since it sounds like so often he has a bigger than then say 77. Plays like these are really dependent on your image, opponents image, and opponent/table perception of your play. So it's hard to just give you strategy advice from a technical view point. I didn't mean to sound harsh in either post, I'm sorry if it came across that way, thanks for the PLO advice btw.