View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Flat Calling Raises with Kings Preflop

I don't want to start threads with these, because they're not strategically that interesting, but here are some hands:

4 handed, waiting to move to one of the main tables. 4 of us all just sat down 2 hands ago - we each have about 2000.

I raise to 80 on the button w K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Floater in SB calls, pretty good gambooler in BB calls. 3 to the flop.

J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me. I bet $200, SB calls, Gambooler min raises to $400.

I move in, BOTH CALL.

She has nut flush draw (oops), he has J8o (the BEST HAND). We run it twice and chop up floater's money when I spike one of my 5 outs on the river - a Ten - after an Ace hits on the turn.

Very good LAGGish player (and good guy)(3K) opens for $70 on the button. I (2k)call in SB w J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I flop the joint, he flops top set. Over 3 streets, I get all the money.

A few hands later. He raises smallish out of the blinds with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I call after limping w 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I flop bottom set, he flops pair + flush draw, we get it all in on the flop. he wins and doubles up.

2 hands later he raises to $70 on the Button w A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I again call in SB w/ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I flop open ender - hit on the turn and play it really fast - he doubles me up. As good a player as he is, he psychologically couldn't believe that I could have J9 again in nearly the exact situation - it was pretty bizarre. This all went down in like 15 minutes. The rest of the table thought we were insane.

Good times.