View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: More on rational deference

Chez I think you have shown why David's theory is a little off. He'd have made a better point if he had said something along the lines of "If a expert disagree's with you, shouldn't you be a little more skeptical about your position. Shouldn't you investigate a little further. Shouldn't you realize that hey maybe I could be wrong.
Here I am believing in something that is not likey to be correct, perhaps I should not be so certain."

When it comes down to it, besides being possible, religion only has one thing going for it. And that's that other people you know and care about believe in it as well.

Lack of a belief has history on it's side, it has science on it's side, it has odds' on it's side, it has the intelligent on it's side, it has reason on it's side. Everything is on the side of lack of belief except people we know and care about. If I were the only athiest, I wouldn't change my belief at all. However if I was the only xtain, I would certainly dismiss my religion like all the previous religions have been dismissed before mine.