Thread: Oh Those Aces
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Oh Those Aces

New to table, seen three orbits, villian has done nothing to get out of line. My image is probably TAG.

2-4

I have 450 villian covers

I get AhAc on button
folded to CO who raises to 10
I raise to 30
Villian Calls

Flop J68 with 2 hearts

check I bet 50 call

Turn 8h

check check

River Bricks

a pot of 160, checked to me...

Any and all comments appreciated.

My analysis is at the bottom.

Preflop - Standard
Flop - Standard
Turn - This is debatable, but I'm WA/WB here so I should try to catch up/control pot size.

River - The check I believe would eliminate flushes and sets. I have to fold to a raise I think without a read. My PF reraise eliminated a lot of hands, but the range of villian would seem like so.

AJ - Somewhat likely, maybe would've led flop
AK - I've seen it, but AK isn't paying me any money unless i bet really small like 1/4 pot
99,10,QQ,KK - These are the important hands. I think they should be divided to overpair/underpair. Overpairs I think call a push here, which seems like it would be the most profitable. But, the push gets called by any hands that were trapping and I get stacked. 99,1010 seem like they would fold to the push almost all of the time, meaning I think a value bet is better. So I'm not really sure which is the best option of a value bet (1/4-2/3 pot), or an overbet (push). The push is betting 370 into 160 which seems like it's way too much, and I'd have to win alot, so maybe a pot bet is a good option. I may scare away KK,QQ if I push also, so I don't know if I like pushing. That's just my thoughts on the hand.