View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: First 10k hands after SSHE

These decisions are very dependent upon the tightness and aggressiveness of the table. For example, in many games I'll limp Axs UTG but in some tight and aggressive games I'll fold that same hand in middle position. There are just so many factors (#of players that have already limped in, likelihood of a raise from behind, postflop play of opponents, etc.) that I can't give you a clear answer.

Referring to your original post, you're definitely playing too tight. I don't think you're even playing all the hands that the SSHE charts recommend. I played strictly by the SSHE charts for a couple of months, and my VPIP was never that low. However, you should be playing even more hands than the charts present if the table conditions are right.

Your PFR should also be higher. I suspect you may be open-limping a lot from middle and late position. If you're the first person to enter the pot from mid or late position, you need to come in with a raise.

Some of these issues were addressed by Ed Miller in a post last month: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post4041723