View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Attitudes Around Here

What the heck has happened around here?

There used to be a time when new posters were welcomed. Their first few posts would show that they had a lot to learn and the more experienced posters would point that out to them. Some of them would be blunter in their “help” than others but nonetheless they would be helpful. In one of my first posts three years ago, Dynasty called me a fish. He did, however, explain exactly why I was fish. But I learned a little, most of the new posters also learned; some of them have even become great players and currently are given a lot of respect around here.

Did some of Tx early posts show that he had a lot to learn? Did he try to justify and argue his positions despite the replies from said esteemed posters? To both of those questions the answer is yes. But has he tried to learn? Did he publicly admit that he was wrong in his first posts? Is he trying to get better and is looking for help? The answers to all of those are yes as well.

But since he is not an “expert” some of the “experts” here continue to berate him and act as though he is beneath them and not worthy of help. Cut the guy some slack. I’m only mediocre, but I’m going to try to help him out as best I can. You folks should too.

Maybe everybody has decided to emulate the “El Diablo” style of post. However, if you look at his cutting one liners, they are usually directed to a poster that he thinks should know better. When the next new poster shows up, cut out the condescending attitude. Perhaps it will help if you look at the first few of your own posts and remember how far you have come.