View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

One year ago today, I...

1. Had made around $4k playing online and was very happy about it

2. Had played 6 SNGs above the 30s, less than 200 total SNGs, and never heard of ROI as a measure of success

3. Never made a final table

4. Had never met or talked to any 2+2ers

5. Folded from EP in level 1 with 55

6. Played on a single monitor with hideous overlap

7. Knew I needed to read more and post more if I wanted to be any good.

Since then, I have...

1. Made more money playing poker than I have from writing software, in 1/3 of the hours.

2. Played 3000+ 109s with a double digit ROI

3. Finished 2nd and 3rd in the 30+3 rebuy and 2nd in a 150, all with around 400 players.

4. Talked to my first 2+2er at the tables in April. Some guy by the name of bebop86.. Not sure if he's still around (holla). I've briefly talked to a few others when we've been HU, but I'm still probably a little too anti-social. Haven't met anyone.

5. Limped and gladly called a raise to 60 from EP with 55 in level 1 more times than I can remember

6. Bought the obligatory 2 2001 FPs and love them

7. Read a ton of 2+2, but not posted or thought enough to become a very good player

Next year, I plan to...

1 & 2. Figure out which level of SNG is the most profitable for me and play a ton of them. Improve my limit game enough to 8+ table 15/30

3. Win a MTT with a buyin of at least $100

4. Discuss more hands/concepts with players who are better than me

5. Keep flopping sets and letting the bad players throw away their money, but be open to the possibility that there will be some games where folding is better.

6. Buy another monitor so IM stops popping up over my tables

7. Post more often