View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Semi Bragging and a $200 Reward

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I already called off the contest but Eintein doesn't make it You forgot to multiply by the number of adults in each household. There appears to be about ten times as many Einsteins as Sklanskys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I multiplied by 1.5, why don't I win?

There are under 300 Lippmann's, I cited 2 sources. People pointed out that some of the Amazon authors might not live in the US, in counter to this argument:
- They might be unlisted (hence the 1.5 multiplier)
- My ratio was 42/354, but only 10% is needed -- you can scratch 6 names off of my list and I'm still > 10%

You said that accuracy wasn't important because it wasn't going to be close, and now you're using accuracy as a basis for not paying up. Furthermore, proving my claim to the satisfaction of a 10,000+ member bulletin board wasn't a requirement either.

I think you're out of legs to stand on... Or is there some new, hidden rule, which I failed to meet ??

The way I see it:
- You proposed a contest.
- I supplied a winner.
- You called off the contest.
- You denied my claim based on "flawed" whitepages.com data.
- I showed the data was clean, provided a backup.
- You raised the stakes to $300 and said I had to convince everyone on the board.

You were "90%" sure that "Sklansky" was the far and away winner, then as soon as it looked close you ended the contest and disqualified the best entry on bogus requirements? Next time you propose a contest, maybe we can we have a 3rd party administer it? I even offered you a compromise, which you ignored... I know you don't like to admit defeat, but c'mon!

[/ QUOTE ]

JESUS. Will somebody give this guy 300 bucks? Please!