View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Raymer tell spotted by Annie duke

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think it's kind of pathetic that the best hand Annie Duke ever played involved folding tens to an all-in reraise. Congrats lady... congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason she said it was the best hand she ever played was because the laydown was only correct if she could positively eliminate AK from Raymer's possible holdings - if Raymer could possibly have AK in that spot, she would have been getting the right price and would have to call. It's not as if she agonized forever over a deep stack all-in raise from UTG.

She mentioned this in the "best hand I ever played" book, but I don't know if they showed that explanation on TV or not. If you want to see "pathetic", check out some of the other hands in that book. A good percentage of them are "I put all my money in as a huge dog down to one out, and then it came on the river and I won the pot! Best. Hand. EVAR.". IIRC Scott Fischman's was one where he admittedly made the wrong decision but Scotty Nguyen would have busted him out of the tournament with a miracle flop, therefore it was the best hand he ever played, etc.