View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Has WSOP gotten too big?

The main draw of the Main Event is that anyone with ten grand and an age over 21 can enter and have a chance to win. That is the prestige of it. That you're facing the largest field, for the largest prize pool. Its never meant to decide who's the best, because even with your guidleines, you won't get an answer to who's the best. Just who's the best that week.

I think, that limiting the the entries like this would take a lot away from the WSOP, you'd find your average player less and less interested in it, I mean, why bother if you have no chance of playing?

There's nothing wrong with the WSOP as it is. I agree that there should be a cap on the number of entrents, just from the standpoint of what's feasible for Harrah's to accomodate. I mean, a tourney with 10,000 people (which will never happen) would be impossible to run. But fromt he standpoint of who can enter and play? It should be anyone who's over 21 and can produce the buy in, whether through cash or an internet sattelite. Why? This is poker. We're all here to have fuin and try and make some money. There's nothing elitest about what we're doing here. Everyone has a chance to make a lot of money by playing in the WSOP. Everyone. From Doyle Brunson, to that guy sitting next to you in the 5/10 game. That's what makes the Main Event what it is. Not the fact that its This Grand Title. But that anyone can sit down and play for the largest prize in poker and anyone can win.