View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Is this a terrrible play or am I a big dummy?

Thanks for y'alls responses. To be honest, I'm quite surprised as the general consensus seems to be that the play was a good one. My philosophy is that it is always better to team up on the shortstack as long as it is not going to cripple either of the other two players. It is still not guaranteed money, but you increase your chances significantly. All EV considerations should be trumped by eliminating the final player who stands in the way of guaranteed profit.

Also, I probably deserve the lectures on being a table coach, but this type of play is one of my great pet peeves. It worked out ok for me this time, but I've been eliminated more than once when people make unthinking dry bluffs with a player all-in 4 handed which then allows that player to comeback. Although not the same, this type of play is a close relation.

I guess it comes down to your poersonal philosophy: Do you want to highly increase your odds of getting in the money or do you want to risk that percentage increase in order to have a higher chance of winning more money once in the money round? I will always choose the former over the latter in these sit n gos....