View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Re: % of time to see the flop

If you are going to use a pre-flop chart from SSHE for on-line play you should probably use the tight games one as opposed to the loose one until the table(s) has proven otherwise. For live play this would probably be prudent as well. I don't find either of them very "tight" as the suggestion to play any pocket pair or Ace suited in any position shouldn't be considered very tight. The loose table recommendations are quite "loose" in my opinion with suggestions such as J8 suited, Q9 suited from later positions.

In terms of flop percentages I think that most winning (on-line) players are in the 17-25 percent range (at levels above $1/2). When starting out you'll more likely be closer to 30% until you start thowing away hands like K 10 off and QJ off etc in your early to middle positions.

If you followed SSHE "tight" table chart (on-line) you would probably be in the 22-27 percent range

If you followed SSHE "loose" table chart (on-line) you would probably be in the 30 + range

my 2 cents

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy

Oh and all the flop percentages given above would be using the stats from the sites as opposed to Poker Tracker or other comparable software.