View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: ($16) AK from the BB

[ QUOTE ]
haha, I never said that I would c/r the flop after raising pf

[/ QUOTE ]

"I think if I would have raised preflop here and gotten a call a c/r would be alot better"
I just wanted to point out that this particular statement is actually a much worse line to consider...had you PF raised, and got called. Not leading on this flop, in this condition would be a mistake

[ QUOTE ]
but I think c/r in a situation like this isn't getting max value out of your hand man.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe, maybe not. There are more hands that lead behind a check (which we raise over, for sake of arguement) - than there are hands that call both your modest flop+turn leads. Furthermore, the hands that you WANT to a) call your flop+turn lead and/or b) raise your turn lead...are hands that might also incorrectly call/pushover your c-raise

[ QUOTE ]
1) Check-raising while deep stacked very rarely the right answer in almost any situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of chip structure, there are plenty of conditions (#/type of opponent, texture of board, pot/riase amounts, etc.) that make terminating a hand at the earliest possiblitiy a MUST - I'm a stars guy myself for the record [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
2) Value betting is key

[/ QUOTE ]
Aaaaaaaaabsolutely. You will not find a bigger proponent of post-flop "value betting". I am completely on board with the giving of incorrect odds, etc. My recommendation for considering a c-raise as an alternative on THIS flop was tied directly to your choice to not raise PF. I understand the 'maximize value' options chosing the lead route (see above)

[ QUOTE ]
If you ask a lot of the better NL cash players how many times they check/raised in the past 100k hands I would ball park the answer at <100.

[/ QUOTE ]
[b]I've never been a cash/ring player - I have no reason to doubt you. But speaking for my game only of course, I'm quite certain I am finding c-raise opportunities more often than once every 10-15 sngs (.1%).

OK, now I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeally late for my 2pm meeting! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]