Thread: J4o
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: J4o

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Watch people when you're playing; most of them aren't paying attention to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how the table's previous attention to my play makes a difference in my first decision at a new table. Either it's +EV given the way people handle this raise by default, or it isn't. I think it isn't.

istewart points out that this hand was played live though, so I don't have a problem with it there. I play almost entirely online and find that people are constantly making moves against this CO raise, as they should if you raise any 2.

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't look at my cards until the action is on me. I watch every other player make their decisions. When the action is folded to me and I have posted I will blind raise. You said the Button will then blind 3-bet. I am saying most of them aren't paying enough attention to know that I didn't look at my cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. I think you misunderstood me. What I'm saying is not that he will notice that you didn't look, what I'm saying is that if your strategy is to raise the CO no matter what you hold, then it's then proper for the button to 3-bet you in exactly the same manner.

I'm not talking about him picking up a tell. I'm talking about him already knowing that this is your strategy, and that he is in a position to make you pay for it.

That wouldn't matter if people didn't do this, but in my experience, they do, and from the SB and BB as well. They just seem to constantly take shots when you make this very weak raise.

I can't say about live, I suspect it wouldn't happen as much. I'm just pointing out that the raise is inherently incorrect, you are trying to take advantage of the fact that players will be inclined to give you credit when you raise. That may have been true years ago, but these days, especially online, it just isn't any more. They know you're raising any 2, and they play correctly or almost correctly against it, which then makes it wrong to make the raise in the first place.

But whatever, it doesn't make that much difference to your bottom line anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Eric