View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Runsfeld Clears Things Up

[ QUOTE ]
There have been too many debates about the 'Iraq War'. Most of them have involved pedantic drivel. The issue is irrelevant anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Did we, or did we not, launch an unprovoked attack on a sovereign country?

[/ QUOTE ]

By God, I hope so. That's the best way to start a war.

Here are some good reasons for war:

1. Bold Conquest i.e., land grab.
2. Long-term economic and political gain.
3. Influence and dominance in trade routes.
4. Protection of important resources and/or to gain resources for self-interest and economic power.
5. Revenge/punishment for past acts.
6. Your God is more powerful than the other guys God - thus a war should be successful with all the attendant gains involved.
7. To free your 'country' or 'clan' from tyranny.
8. To spread your religion with all the attendant economic and political gain that comes with it.

Any one or combination of the above is a good reason(s) to engage in war. There are other reasons but this list touches on some of the most common and worthwhile ones for engaging in lustful battle.

This should answer any questions about the 'Iraq war'. So you see, there is no need for a ‘debate’.

It's time to move on to more important themes as - risk/reward analyses for a given war. Now that is something worth debating about.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see this issue as irrelevant at all. History will be the best judge of that.

You are entitled to your opinion as to whether or not is 'pedantic drivel'.

It sounds like the 'god' that you're invoking is Mars, eh?

I see your 'reasons' as either borderline or outright sociopathic and reject them outright.