Thread: JJ early on
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 09:30 PM

Default Re: JJ early on

[ QUOTE ]
I think your assumptions that somehow the buy-in is related to the caliber of play are off the mark and dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I disagree with this entirely. Sure still make specific reads on players when possible, but given the lack of information, assuming that your typical $10 SnG player is looser than your typicaly $100 SnG player is certainly correct.

That said, I agree with those who said not to re-raise with this hand. It is a classic example of a re-raise that makes your throw up (as Mr. Sklansky so elegantly put it). Later in a tournament against players who are getting very aggressive, sure, but here I think you are only asking for trouble.

Once the re-raise goes in, I'd fold to the all-in given the small favorite/big dog nature of the hand. *Maybe* if I had a specific read on the player as someone who grossly overplayed small/medium pairs (and these players definitely exist), I would talk myself into a call.

Sorry if this is starting to sound like a broken record (I think I've said this in about 60% of my posts lately), but playing JJ like TT or 99 definitely seems to yeild better results for me than playing like QQ (as I feel you did here - I would have called with QQ).