Thread: Lucky or good?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Lucky or good?

I know that with the ultra tight crowd we have here your comments will be split about 50-50 between lucky and good so I will just split it myself and say...both.

You were a 56-44 dog going in against AA with that board. So, in that sense, you were lucky. You were also far from Pot committed with "only" 1200 invested in the pot at that point. I would probably have folded to the pre-flop raise but I do understand why you didn't given the circumstances. I do think the button might have made a mistake here by only raising the minimum but I expect he was wanting as much value as possible for his AA. Once the flop came giving you the nut flush draw and bottom pair I think I might have made a pot sized bet rather than checking here. But as was pointed out he would probably be going all in here anyway to protect his A's and hoping for exactly for what he got...you on a draw that you were going to call with. He got unlucky and the 4th [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell giving you the hand. You both met your expectation. He got the caller he wanted on a draw and you got the hand you wanted at the end. You were lucky, he was not.