View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 07:34 PM

Default playing too many coin flips

during the later part of a tourney im starting to push more often due to the advice i get from 2+2. i think when the blinds are big its correct to push more often. the only problem i have is that when the table is really tight and you have a medium stack is it still correc tto keep pushing when a regular raise would put half your stack in the middle. Maybe im pushing with too many hands ex - Ax, Kxs, PP and a few others. should i take less coin flips towards the end of a sit n go? due to the table being really tight if i push in 10X towards the end i'll get called 4 or more but nobody at the table will be pushing besides me. so it seems that
1) i should just do a mini raise or raise 3BB about 40% of my chips
2)i should play tighter when i do push
3)maybe i should call what i think are coin flips - maybe i should only push and get called

****EDIT*****

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter

SB (t2960)
Hero (t1730)
UTG (t3640)
MP (t3000)
Button (t3670)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero calls pushes all in, SB calls.

Flop: (t500) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t500) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t500) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t500