View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Big slick with 3 players left

[ QUOTE ]
In a winner take all or mutual chop tournament last night, I was in a similar situation with AK suited.

UTG: 600
UTG+1: 1200
SB (Hero): 600
BB: 180

UTG has raised all in several times from first position and has shown down twice, once 33 and the second time AQ.

On this hand, UTG raises all in, UTG+1 folds and I look down to find AKd. What's the play?

At this point, I thought this was either going to be a coin flip or I would be way ahead. I assigned slightly more probability to the latter and went ahead and called the all-in. The BB also called off the rest of her chips.

To my dismay, UTG shows 66 and the SB shows A3. Meaning one of my outs is dead, leaving me with two aces and four kings, straight and flush possibilities only. I already don't like it, and I wind up losing the hand and going out shortly after.

I think I should've folded the hand and waited for a better opportunity. Some have argued that at the end of the tournament you simply have to win a coinflip or two in order to win. On a previous hand, I had UTG all in with one card to come and only 9 outs (flush draw) <venting>. I think it's very likely that I could've gotten this player back in a similar situation, even with the blinds chomping down on my stack.

Oh well. Would anyone have folded the AK there?

Cheers.

Monk

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it'd be nice to know the blinds, as if the blinds were 5-10 the play would be much different (However I'm assuming they were quite high).

Assuming the blinds are high, and that it's a winner take all tournament, folding AKs here would be ridiculously bad poker.