View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: *Official* Boat or Better Thread

[ QUOTE ]
OK no bad beat post this time (you're right)

This flop situation is a real dilema for me, I want a big multiway pot with all the second-best hands possible and dont wan't to knock people out on this flop, then I reflect after the fact; these guys are just as likely to call 2 bets with their inside straight draw or jack/weak kicker (not to mention the case 9) as they are one bet, and I miss alot of these raises.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, SB folds.

River: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the problem with these situations is that you want it to be multiway, but you want to let people go to war. I think that I would prefer raising this flop. The reason for this is that we can assume SB will bet the turn again, at which point we would like to raise. However, raising here is even more likely to fold out a J or gutshot and reeks of a slowplay. I play this one straightforward because people are more likely to call 2 SB than 2BB.