View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 04:58 PM

Default JJ overpair vs LAG

Villain is a preflop LAG who's been bullying the table just a bit - not completely running them over, but making them sweat a bit. Statwise he's 40/20/0.8 - if he misses the flop he turns passive. WSD is 42%.

Prima 0.50/1 NL 6-max 5 handed

Stacks:
Hero - 117
Button - 162

Hero is CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG calls, Hero <font color="red"> raises to $6 </font>, Button <font color="red"> raises to $24 </font>, SB folds, BB calls $19.05 (all-in), Hero calls

($68.55) Flop <font color="blue"> (3 players, 1 all-in) </font>: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets $93 (all-in)

Villain's range of hands is fairly large, even considering he 3-bet. My experience with this guy is he is NOT a thinking LAG. Once he decided his hand was worth a raise, he was raising regardless of what happened in front of him. I think I'm ahead of a significant percentage of what he'd raise with.

That being said, a PSB leaves me pretty much pot-committed on the turn, and since all my chips were going into the pot it was better to put them in now, than to let villain force them out of my stack later.

Thoughts?