View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: a coin flip dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Consider the fllowing hypothetical situation. You are playing a sng and are at lvl 3(25/50). You know exactly how villian plays(he only plays AJ, AQ, AK, JJ,QQ, KK, AA and he plays the Ax's very differently from the wired pairs). You are dealt TT and the table folds to villian who goes all in. To you this means that he definitely has AJ, AQ, or AK meaning you know it is a coinflip situation. Do you call here? I guess the question i am really trying to ask is: If you know you are giong to get yourself into a coinflip situation, do you still put all your chips into the pot or wait for a better day.

For sake of argument, say your raise was either 100,200,or 300 if you started at 1500 and both of you are pretty even. Would it matter and if you say i'd fold, how much money would you need in the pot in order to go ahead and go for the coin flip?
Thanks in advance for responses

[/ QUOTE ]

Just fold, he can also have an open-pair, regardless of your read. And if I have a big stack, I'll pass more often than not in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i'm saying, for this hypothetical example that YOU KNOW that he has AJ, AQ, or AK and it WILL BE a 50/50, no doubt about it. What i am getting at is when you know its gonna be a flip of the coin, what decides if you put all the money in the middle