View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Hypothetical situation, would like some discussion

[ QUOTE ]
TEV(T20,000) ~= TEV(T10,000) >>> zero

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally disagree with and don't see how you came up with this statement.

In a HU SnG with no rake, the "are you better than your opponent" question comes into play more, as you would call this in a heartbeat against a better player but against a much worse player (and there are deep stacks in the SnG), it might be correct to fold. Of course there are timeEV considerations as well, so it becomes a very difficult question.

Another factor is that in the WSOP, because the structure is only so slow (and not incredibly slow), (and because of the size of the field? yes/no?), the luck factor is up there. If instead the tournament were a six month long ordeal with an incredibly slow structure, such that luck is much less of a factor in future occurences in the tournament, would it still be correct to call here? Of course then it would depend entirely on your skill against the rest of the field, but let's say that you are on average exactly even with every other player.

About the exact 50/50 shot, I believe this would be a call as well. I think it would be great to have a shot at a double chip stack and a chance to get some nice variance under my belt in addition to the ability to have everyone at my table covered instantly.

If I call and lose, that's poker but I'm going to make every choice I can to maximize my cashEV, that is my goal here.