View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: $55\'s... Hey dude, what did you have for lunch today?... SANDWICH!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read the first three replies and now I'm confused.

I thought the point of the raise was to get SB to fold and now have more dead money in the pot?

*Edit* Just read bigt's reply. That's what I thought. FWIW, I think this is pretty mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah exactly...Dead money makes this good...what worries me (would worry me) and Bigt mentioned this, is the minraise from button?!?! Makes me think I might possibly need a lot more dead loot in the middle to do this...In game time I'd probably push though...bad SB for calling...bad sb

[/ QUOTE ]

Arg. This is exactly what I was trying to get at. I have no idea how this discussion got so off course. I'll send it through one more time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i know, dude its tough...If I was shortie, and my read on you was that you were a solid thinking opponent...I might min raise here with a medium hand because good players tend to think "he has like 4BBs, why is he minraising? he must have KK+ so Ill fold"....So who knows...

So, we have two possibilities:

1. He is minraising with crap trying to rep something big in which case your isolation is a good play for all of the obvious reasons or..

2. He has a big hand that dominates yours. But even here, is teaming up with SB gonna help anyway? I STILL like coming over the top because it makes no difference really (0r, not enough difference to justify not doing it, given the times you want him isolated...see #1...because we don't see his cards).

Keep in mind many players know that we think a minraise with 5bbs or less means trouble so they are trying it more often...so, this move will begin to backfire...I certainly dont respect it (never have really).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't think any read on me should make the button do that, and I am almost positive he's not smart enough to do this with a medium hand because of your logic. I don't know, I was quite worried about a bigger pair, and not worried about SB at all. Too much dead money IMO. He had TT, I don't remember, but I'm sure I sucked out because I ran hot as balls that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

gawd...doing that with TT is just stupid! so bad.