View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: QQ Under Fire on the turn

The 2+2'er had been 3 betting me quite a bit in the 5 orbits, this may have been the 4th time, so my gut reaction was to cap PF. But I had raised two limpers so, I thought that he wouldn't 3 bet light here and I just wimped out and called. I should have capped; that was clearly my worst decision in the hand.

I obviously didn't fold, but 3 betting was out of the question. I had outs against a T8 or was still ahead of something like AT that he decided to get frisky with, so I called. Also, something seemed wierd about the cold call on the flop, why not cap with a set?

The river was K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bet, EP folded, it was a huge pot and I must be good 5% of the time here, so I called.

He turned over 97 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for 9 high and MHIG.

He called 3 cold on the flop with a back door gutshot SF draw and semibluffed the turn when he hit his OESD. I told you it was a good table.

I don't know what the 2+2'er had, if he remembers the hand he might want to say, but he might have had something like 99, JJ or AK/AQ suited in [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s