View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Update

Update: I ran a virus scan with Nortons and it found nothing. I then downloaded the program FixMYTOB and ran a system scan/recovery and it found nothing.

I got a little perturbed and more paranoid about my wireless connection. I called Linsys support and asked them to make sure that my wireless security was as high as possible. It was currently set at "disable" (when previously configuring the router for my homes three computers they told me to disable it and we never went back... WTF!). My current security is now WPA, the highest possible they said.

I then downloaded AVGs free edition. This scan finally found something! It found a trojan horse called SDBOT (irc/backdoor.sdbot.ltg). It seems do the same things as the MYTOB and I am hopefully assuming this was the cause for the rape of my computer's security.

I am now working on changing my passwords, a pretty big hassle considering how many I have. This whole situation has been pretty eye-opening and I encourage everyone (especially those that are dealing w/ a lot of cash on neteller) to take as many precautions as possible.

I still have no clue as to how I got this virus and that is frustrating as well.