View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 05:58 AM

Default What to do with Pocket Queens from the BB???

Let me give you a little bit of a backdrop, I entered a $1/$2 room with about $150 in chips, I got down to about $110 by making a few raises which I had to fold to reraises. Than I began to catch cards like you rarely catch, in only 39 hands I saw Pocket Kings twice, Pocket Queens 3 times, A-K twice, A-9, pocket 9's, and I think one other hand that was good like A-Q or something, it was unreal.

So in that time I was raising alot and winning alot, one hand I was called with Pocket Queens all in when I had the overpair to the board, so did my caller, he had pocket Jacks, I moved up to $400 in chips (roughly) Than I got caught making a semi-bluff raise to which one short stack went all in with pocket 10's I called and lost and my stack went down to $310 in chips about.

I had about the same amount when I was dealt Pocket Queens (again) in the BB. One player raised to $8 and one player behind him called the $8, I quickly raised to $24 (hoping I would get one caller) I got more than that I got reraised to $66, and he did it fairly quickly. That made me think he did it maybe out of frustration that I had been raising so much lately, I thought about it for a second, in the back of my mind I was thinking what could he have that would make him raise to $66 almost 3 times my reraise, I thought maybe he had pocket Aces or Kings but thought it unlikely, I mean it's not that often that Aces are up against Queens or Kings against Aces or Queens either. So I thought I most likely had the best hand and I went all in for a total of $308 (nearly 90% of his stack), thinking even if he had Pocket Kings he'd have to figure me for Aces and might lay it down, maybe. He called instantly which let me know he had Aces and even though I flopped a Queen, there was an Ace on the flop, on the Turn a King so I figured I was dead in the water. When he turned over pocket Aces I was a little crushed, but I figured I played this hand the right way.

Don't you have to try and get all in preflop if you can heads up with Pocket Queens???

What do you all think? You'd worry about pocket Kings and Aces but enough to fold???

Plus does anyone know any information about what the percentages are against you having Pocket Queens or Kings at a 9 person table and someone else having a higher pocket pair??? please let me know if you do and where I can go to find that out.

Thanks,

Joshua