View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: KJs in the monkey house

[ QUOTE ]
I would say playing AK vs a blind steal is quite a bit different than the situation presented. If we were to lock this game down to 1 hand then the obvious play is to make it 4 bets. The problem is that this is never the case.

Case in point: Let's flip a coin.

YOu will have an edge of $0.01 on Every coin flip and the bet size will be $1,000,000 oh an every now and then I'll offer a bet size of $1.

When will you play? Everything is +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're misunderstanding my point. I was trying to say that using the logic "even fish get good hands occasionally, so we should fold" is faulty logic. If someone raises without looking at their cards, it's an easy 3-bet with AKo, even though their range includes AA/KK. By the poster's logic, we should fold AKo, because "even someone who raises in the dark gets aces and kings."

As for the situation you pointed out, it's a bit different than the situation that the OP has posted. The difference is that I don't have the bankroll to be making million dollar bets. I'm assuming the OP has the bankroll to play the stakes he's playing at. In limit hold'em (for the most part), there aren't situations where the variance is so high that it'll substantially increase our risk of ruin, assuming that we're properly bankrolled.