Thread: 50/100 vs. GoG
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: 50/100 vs. GoG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to check-call this flop, and check-fold a blank turn, why are you even calling preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some people like to play real poker, instead of easy, cookie cutter, cheap decision poker.

Just because you play AJ preflop doesn't mean you have to go broke with a jack, nor does it mean you have to get it all in. You play AJ because it might be the best hand or it might not. The fun part is figuring out when it is and when it isn't. This cookie cutter disease is getting crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn.

And going 'check-call, check-fold' is playing real poker? How could check-folding this turn ever be good? Or, alternatively, we do 'the Bruiser', that is, 'check-call, check-call, check-fold'. Is that better?

You realise everyone of Bruiser's posts lately have exhibited weak play? Do you not think a smart player like GoG would be betting this turn with a very wide range of hands, of which Danny is in very good shape against?

This situation is not uncommon. I gave my standard line because it's the one that over time I have decided upon as the best option.

I interchange this with leading the flop, which may be better in this situation because Danny is obviously scared of GoG, and he may want to take control of the hand early on.

I have tried check-raising in this situation with poor results. Maybe it was just bad timing. It does open you up to getting shoved over on the flop, or outplayed on later streets, neither of which you can do a lot about. I prefer the other lines.