Thread: KK is Stud8b
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: KK is Stud8b

Yeesh, what site is this? This structure is absolutely hideous. Tough hand, I think.

I think the limp on third street is correct. You're not going to get much of anyone out by raising, and that is the most important reason to raise big pairs early in this game.

The bet on fourth against a bunch of ragged boards is good. I think fifth is a fold. There is nothing that makes sense for the guy with 922. There are a bunch of Nines out, so he wasn't rolled. With a decent pocket pair he should probably have raised third and definitely have bet fourth. I thought a three-flush with a Deuce was a decent possibility, except that two spades were gone, which would be OK in high-only but is very bad when you're playing for half the pot. Given how he's played the hand, I think two pair is fairly likely, so you don't even have the best high hand. Seat 5 is betting something. (TT)9 is death in this game, but I'm not terribly surprised to see someone play it at this level. I've seen plenty of people play it at $30/60 and $40/80.

Having called fifth, I think that sixth is a fold as well. With a second pair, I usually call down, but you are drawing to two pair. You almost have to be behind, and there is an excellent chance that you are drawing dead. Many of your needed cards are gone.

Having gotten to the end, you might as well pay it off.