View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: The Self Righteous Arrogant and MY POKER PROGRESSION

You don't think that those who have bothered to stay around here for a year, two years, or more have picked up something in that time? You don't think that there is a base of knowledge that exists in the posters with 2K+ posts that comes from reading these forums all day? I'll gladly admit that half my posts are either in OOT or **Official** tourney threads, but I also know that "young" posters such as yourself don't understand many of the things that are building blocks for our posts. In MHL, we require that these building blocks be in place.

As for your post count=respect idea, this is just nonsense. I remember not one week ago complementing a 200 post member on his thorough and correct evaluation of a hand - surprising me, because I had not noticed him before. It is certainly true that there are plenty of players, particularily in OOT who have 10K posts and it is uncertain if they actually play poker or not. These posters do not get respect for poker advice (mainly because they don't even try to give it.) However, posters that you frequently see posting here or MHNL or MTT or SNG and are posting responses, not questions, AND have a high post count tend to know what they are talking about because they THINK about hands.

All I have left to say is this. You are: