View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Official Indie Starter Kit Thread (Calling all hipsters... sorry euro)

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't be discussing Radiohead at all in this thread IMO. They're completely different from all these other bands. If you're taking indie =! Pitchfork-reviewed (which this seems like), might as well add in Kanye West. [/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh... I know what I wanted recommended, and I got it. Kanye was not wanted, and radiohead was.

I guess the best way I could have described it was "music reviewed in pitchfork, that is rockesque." I said 'indie' and got the same.

[ QUOTE ]
Wilco and the Flaming Lips are probably "outliers" as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flaming lips are not.

[ QUOTE ]
The Shins has to be on this list.

[/ QUOTE ]

They got cut since he already has shins stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
XO is ES's best album, but I'm kind've a sucker for production. From a Basement I also like more than Either/Or probably, but they're all close.

[/ QUOTE ]

ES didnt quite make it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], so its all moot.

[ QUOTE ]
Are the Smiths indie? The Pixies? Seem to fit in with the other bands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason or another, it seems no one really considered pre-Pixies. I def. wouldnt mind see TQiD on there.

[ QUOTE ]
Sonic Youth is kinda gay IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a fan either

[ QUOTE ]
Bright Eyes should probably have an album on the list. Maybe they're not top 10 in quality, but they seem kinda quintessential lonely-girl-black-mascara-acoustic-guitar music.

[/ QUOTE ]

He already has them, and I dont think they're quite good enough to make it anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, and Modest Mouse [censored] sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah

FWIW... THIS THING IS STILL UPLOADING... how long does it take to put up a 900MB file to yousendit???