View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: A Note to \"WannaBe\" Pros

[ QUOTE ]
agree 235,000%

i am very disturbed at the 'i'm dropping out cuz i had a badass month!!' trend

college is more +EV than any of you students on heaters can possibly know

great article by Ed Miller on the topic

edit: fox i did, i ran a company for about a year before 'going pro'...i like playing about a million times better overall, its a whole lot less like having a job and a whole lot more like personal freedom. even if you 'own' your business you still can't do whatever you please, you can't just not show up etc. with poker you can take a month off if you aren't feeling it, or do your job from another country or whatever. there may be companies that allow these perks but mine was not one of them.

aside from perks and drawbacks...i think the skill sets are very very similar...you need a profound trust and faith in yourself and a complete disregard for the opinions and input of others (many times from people close to you). you also need money management, time managament, discipline, honesty with yourself and a bit on insanity to make either of them work IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to Believe that you were once the "hated" GauchoFish [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]...Good Post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]