View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 06:14 PM

Default AJo against a TA-A player?

This is from Bet365, so here's a ghetto conversion:

Bet365 $1/$2 LHE
Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:
5 folds, Villain raises, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB calls. (6 SB)
Yes, I know I should have folded.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB checks, Villain bets, Hero raises, BB folds, Villain calls. (5 BB)

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain checks. (5 BB)

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain checks. (5 BB)

Villain is a TA-A player. Seen him for 128 hands, 11.72 VP$IP, 6.25 PFR, 1.27 AF.
BB is a fish.

Did I play this hand too passively after the flop? I'm still trying to learn who to bet into and such and to get a good feel for the different playing styles out there. I was thinking he was going to call the flop, then check-raise me on the turn. When I checked to him on the turn, I thought... ok I ruined his plan, but he didn't bet into me. After the fact, I probably should have tried to put him on a hand here: 88-TT, AT+? This a good range? So I probably should have bet the river. Too passive or what?

Maybe a helpful suggestion too would be to give me some links on what hand ranges certain players might call/raise with preflop. I do want to start taking into account people's tendencies and start trying to actively put people on ranges of hands. I want to take my game to the next level. I know what a TA player plays, being one myself currently. This request is separate from the hand posted.