View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: BIG 2 (the chinese card game), any strategy advice?

Here's my genreal BIG 2 advice:

-Watch for the highest card at all times, when 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] have both been played you know your 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] will give you a free setup to play a big hand. You should be able to keep track of this all they way down to the kings, though it rarley gets there before the game is done.

-Hold on to your big cards for quite a while, let your big cards become the highest cards still in play, then you can dominate towards the end.

-Obvious but: Play the lowest possible hand of whwatever is being played, except near the end if an opponenet to your left has one card left play your highest card.

-Don't play a flush with 3 face cards in it or a 2 and a face card, the big cards are worth more being played alone.

-When you have the 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] open with as big a hand as possible, 33 if you can, a str8 would be the ideal. This si obviously just to get a head start, leaves room for error later.

-Always watch how many cards your opponents have.

-If you play it live don't sorrt your cards, you should be watching your opponenets sort theirs, particularly watching for anyone moving 5 cards at a time, or constructing a 5 card hand.

-Think 2 or 3 moves ahead.

-Don't play a str8 if it breaks several pairs, unless of course you can play 2 str8s hehe. The pairs are better 3 pairs or more are better than the str8, pairs are excellent for taking the momentum very late in the game when people are trying to get rid of a lone card or two.

-If someone seems desperate to take control, ie. plays an ace on top of a 7 or something, they probably have a 5-card hand they really want to play, and you should do whatever you can to stop them. Nothing is worse than being stuck with a low str8 you can't play and now have to play as 5 low cards.

Ok, all this advice was very rag-tag, tkae it with a grain of salt. I've also never played for money, and I've never played online.

How does betting work online? Do you play on after one person is done?

Edit: for speeling