View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: 2nd nut low and double belly buster against a weak bettor

Tough hand.

I agree it's worthwhile for such a small price to see the turn.

The question as you ask, should you pop it--or should you fold? Or call as you did?

You have nothing really except two gutshot draws and a low draw. So there's an argument for calling the turn and hoping you hit something. I dislike raising the turn. You don't want to be raised off your draws. Possibly if they hit, you may win a large pot with implied odds. They don't hit and you fold (correctly). I can tell you think that it was sucky and perhaps a more aggressive approach on the turn might have won it. Perhaps. But for the reasons I gave above I think you're in a pretty good situation--Villain is betting a small amount and not charging you for your draws. If you raise, he may come over the top. Or he probably will call and it just cost you more for your draws. You don't even get a free showdown since you have no high. I think you should look at it as you'll either lose a small pot (the probable situation if your draws dont hit), or possibly win a large one. You lost a small pot. But I think you played it right.