View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: The NBA Standings Look Ridiculous

i am actually holding todays sports page from the dallas morning news where our lead columnist is apologizing for saying they didn't have any center play and haven't added any speed this year (a comment he made earlier in the season bashing them).

the article talks about how their increase in rebounds and block shots this year has been a key element as well as the overall team speed with the emergence of devin harris to complement jason terry. i actually think the mavs do have the big game to clog up the post b/c its what they have been doing for 28 games so far and its why they are tied for first in the west with san antonio (this is also one of san antonio's greatest starts in the history of their franchise FWIW). i guess you haven't really been paying attention b/c the mavs win games in a completely different way then they have in a very long time, if ever. we don't see those 128-125 shootouts too much anymore, and its a very good sign that they are where they are right now with the new style of play.

of course anything can happen over the course of an 82 game season, i know that...but i also know that the mavs are only getting better and that is not good for the suns. i still don't know what they would do in a 7 game set against the postseason veteran team like the spurs but to call the mavs a joke is well uh a joke.