View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: dear God when will it end?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why should the employees turn that down because some people want to look down on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already explained why, but really instead of turning it down, they should never beg for it in the first place. This argument is clearly a waste of time. There are some people here that view being polite and providing adequately-speedy service at the counter as simply the way counter-service should be conducted. Evidently there are some that don't feel that way and feel that they should pay extra for not having to stand at your counter for an inordinate amount of time. As I've said, in my view putting your little tin can out at a counter is akin to begging on a street corner. Why should you turn it down? I guess you shouldn't if you're not averse to begging for a living.

[/ QUOTE ]
Try thinking a little more objectively. You see what they do as their job and their responsibility to you. That's fine and you should in no way feel the need to tip a barrista. However, to some people coffee may be one of their biggest joys in life and picking up their drink might be one of the best times of their everyday routine. They love the experience so much they really want to tip for it. If there is even one of these people coming in, it's not just okay for the emplyees to leave a tip cup out, it would be stupid not to. Like I said earlier, I don't typically tip for coffee 'cause I don't care that much, but I'm able to think outside myself enough to understand how other people may. Just because you don't care and personally would never find this service tip-worthy does not mean nobody else does. Having the cup out does not necessarily equal begging or intrusive or entitlement or whatever.

GoT