View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: they play bad, do I play worse?

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a close decision overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think so too, that’s why I posted this hand. Also I was multitabling several good tables at the time and couldn’t put as much thought into my decisions at this table as I wanted to.

[ QUOTE ]
BB is a passive that's just capped preflop and bet the flop into an UTG initial raiser and preflop 3 bettor. That's usually AA or KK. You have an aggressive behind you that 3 bet you (uncharacteristically, according to the OP) and will very likely raise this flop. I don't see this flop going for just 1 bet. Here's to wishful thinking. Figure a 2 bet flop. Also the factor that a player is almost all in which takes away some of your implied odds should you hit your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although the aggressive player behind me has 3 bet preflop for the first time, I don’t think it is necessarily uncharacteristic – I haven’t played many hands with him. I put him on a typical 3 betting range here, perhaps a little wider. In retrospect he may have been tilty after really pushing some hands earlier that he lost.

At the time of the hand I thought the flop would go 2 bets, as it did, but that the turn would only cost me a bet to continue since BB is so passive. I completely did not expect the BB to check-raise the turn, and it freaked me out. I really rushed my decision here, and I thought another Q would give me trips to beat the supposed AA/KK of the BB, which with the gutter outs and implied odds should justify a call. MP1 could have anything that is remotely related to the board, 2 random spades are definitely a possibility, as well as JT. Button could have AKs or AQs, or even trip tens. So hitting another Q may not be an out. Throughout the hand I don’t think I was adequately discounting my outs. If I don't fold the flop I think the turn is definitely a fold.

Looking at the hand now I like folding the flop best. It could definitely go 3 or 4 bets, my position stinks, and I may be facing flush and house redraws (or higher straight draws) even if I improve.

Since I wandered my way to the river, do you like calling it? Or are 20:1 odds not good enough for top pair with 2nd kicker in this hand?