View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: What low paying job did you have before poker?(or still have)

[ QUOTE ]

4) Programmer at ILC. 2nd worst job, only because I hated sitting in front of a computer pounding out code for 8 hours a day. The nice part was $14/hr with unlimited overtime, so I'd put in 50+ hour weeks, since all I was doing that semester was working. Oh well, I don't remember what drivers I wrote or editted, but I know I did a lot of them, so if you work for some telecom service, and contract out with ILC to do your M/C, I might've made your system work. The job bought me my car, but was bad enough to make me switch majors, and not come back for the 4 more semesters I was supposed to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

My college limited us to 20 hours a week. They also limited us in pay. I was writing Firmware and software for 5.75 an hour.

Then I'd go tutor physics and math for 20 an hour. The reason I worked programming was because all physics majors had to write up a research paper on something we actually did. Mine was on the construction and testing of detection apparatus and electronics for a particle accelerator.

Melch