View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: The Perfect Strategy

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say all other 8 players knew this exact nash equilibrium strategy, and knew you were the one following it to the exact letter. Could they exploit that? Assume they aren't colluding of course. I guess not--by definition of the formula.

I guess we're actually pretty close to this w/Heads Up theory when the BB/stack ratio gets large. If your opponent goes all in almost every time, basically the best you can do is the same thing which makes it a coin flip. Luckily just increasing to 3 players sends the strategy into exponentially more complication. 9 players? Fuggetaboutit. Instinct and verve.

So does this mean there's a nash equilibrium to Mortal Combat? (assuming you both lay Liu Kang of course) What about Madden 05?

[/ QUOTE ]

very interesting. I'm reading about it (Nash Equilibrium) right now. However, thinking about your heads up example where you're opponent goes all in on every hand, you can do a lot better than heads up. If the stacks are deep enough a much more optimal strategy would be to wait for AA or KK. and a decent strategy would be to wait for any hand with a probability of winning greater than 50%. This of course depends on how deep the stacks are.