View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:41 PM

Default 15/30 88 hand I\'m unsure about

I hate preflop. UTG seems to be a weak-tight ABC raiser who just replaced a very bad player. I did not notice until the flop. Button is a LAG who often coldcalls with big cards and any PP.

On the turn, I can read UTG's hand pretty well for 88-JJ, AJ/~AQ (I've seen him raise the flop w/ AQo in a similar spot).

I can dictate the rest of the hand fairly easily, though I am always behind. If I check the turn, he will bet the river w/ an ace else check to me. Or I can bet, hoping to fold a better PP but costing myself those times he's committed to calling down (I judged this to be highly likely) and I'm drawing to 6 outs. Sometimes I'll forfeit my outs to a raise, also.

Is the turn worth a bet?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, ...