Thread: AQ Turns trips
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: AQ Turns trips

If you would call the same bet from villain then the semi-bluff is a better play. The problem is that you are representing at best AK. If I'm villain I would not give you credit for KK, or QQ because I think I would have heard from these pre-flop. So its either AK, AQ or you're representing my hand KQ which is least likely.

So, if you've represented probable AK, or maybe AQ what can villain have that merits a call?

OK, so trips come on the turn. What would you have done if you'd flopped QQK, led into villain, and he calls? This guy is the pre-flop raiser so he could, maybe, just might have a Big Pair, or AK (s, or os). So, are you going to check the turn in that case?

Clearly the correct play is to check the turn and see what villain does. You've already told him you now have trips, or at worst KKQQ. So what can villain represent that will make you think you have an hand thats worth calling with? Villains in a tough spot if he wants to keep you in the pot. You'll fold to a big bet, might call a small value bet, but maybe he could check and induce a bluff at the river? That's probably the best choice, and clearly you don't fall for that. You check the river and call a reasonable bet, probably, or maybe you make a tough fold.

Whad da ya think?